What I walk through every day.

What I walk through every day.

Sunday 10 October 2010

First post :)

Hey people :)

Right, now I know that for a blog about my year in Spain....well I’m about a month or so late! But, I thought I’d start one now, better late than never right!?

I’m not really sure where to start, as the beginning was a very long time ago :)

Well, I guess I shall start off with who I am, and what is my current situation:

My name is Rachel (well, Racquel as they like to call me here), and I am 20 years old. I study English and Spanish law at the University of Kent, Canterbury. I am a third year, which means that I am doing my year abroad, in the Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Toledo. Now, as an Erasmus student, everyone expects that I never do any work. This for me, alas, is not the truth. I happen to go to one of the few universities that make you do work :(

But that's cool. Because as a law student I just LOVE work! :D

Now to the language side of things. I've been studying Spanish for a VERY long time, but due to the fact that I learnt in England I don't feel that I actually learnt that much (although that's a whole different rant!) Now, people tell me that my spanish is very good. The thing is, I think I can pretty much cover up that I don't know what I'm talking about by having a good accent :) I am never going to say, "OMDZ, my spanish is the BEST!" No. I can get by, and I can have drunken conversations. And that is all you need, no?

I think for an introductory post, this is sufficient :)

Besos!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete